We are all facing new and unexpected challenges in light of Covid-19. Please review the list of resources below that might be helpful to you, our members, during these times. We are collecting information from our members and partners including the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce and the Mobile Section of the Associated General Contractors of Alabama as well as other news sources.
If you have something that would be of use to our member companies, please email Jennifer Denson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Order of the State Health Officer has posted some FAQs on the current Oder of the State Health Officer. Click here to access those FAQs.
- Statewide Shutdown – Information from the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce: The Alabama Governor’s Office has NOT yet released anything regarding parameters around exempt operations, nor have they enacted a mandated shutdown. The preference is to say open as long as possible. The Department of Homeland Security did provide States a set of guidelines on what is deemed essential operation, but it is ultimately up to each State to enact a statewide shutdown. Businesses are encouraged to draft a letter to the Governor’s office and to define some portion of your operation with the DHS guidelines. Letters should be sent to Will Parker with the Governor’s office: email@example.com. Will’s mailing address is: 600 Dexter Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36130.
- Essential Business Form In the event Governor Ivey declares all non-essential businesses to close, Manufacture Alabama is keeping a record of those manufactures considered essential. Click here to sign up on this page.
- Russell Thompson Butler & Houston LLP share a helpful guide – COVID-19 SBA Disaster Loan Comparison
- The Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce shared information about small business loans and payroll protection options for small businesses. Please click here to access..
- Russell Thompson Butler & Houston LLP share a helpful RTBH COVID-19- CARES Act Update
- Hand Arendall Harrison Sale shared this memorandum from the EPA: Memorandum on COVID-19 Implications for EPAs Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Program
- Maynard Cooper Gale has information to share related to the the defense production act: Covid-19 Update: The Defense Production Act: Your Rights and Obligations.
- US Department of Homeland Security – Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response.
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) announced its first round of published guidance to provide information to employers about meeting their requirements to offer emergency paid sick leave and paid family medical leave offered by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) when it takes effect on April 1, 2020. The guidance – provided in a Fact Sheet for Employees, a Fact Sheet for Employers and a Questions and Answers document – addresses critical questions, such as how an employer must count the number of their employees to determine coverage; how small businesses can obtain an exemption; how to count hours for part-time employees; and how to calculate the wages employees are entitled to under this law.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- The Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce is encouraging us to support our local business community. They have created the Stay Safe. Stay Local Facebook Group to keep us all updated on operating hours, delivery or carryout options and more.
- The Mobile Medical Society is collecting masks, especially those rated N95, gloves, protective shields and other PPE’s. If anyone has extras that they could donate, they can drop items off at The Medical Society’s Office: 2701 Airport Blvd. Call 251.476.9494 for questions.