Applications are being reviewed, Next round of applications will open in the Fall.
The members of the PEP Board of Directors are excited to announce the Partners for Environmental Progress Scholarship Fund for employees of PEP member companies and their dependents at the Community Foundation of South Alabama.
Each year, PEP will award up to three $1000 individual scholarships to students who meet the Scholarship Criteria and are enrolled in a two or four year college or university pursuing a degree or advanced degree in:
- environmental science
- environmental planning
- environmental engineering
or other related science fields of study, including, but not limited to:
- marine science
- fisheries science
- estuarine science andmanagement
The Community Foundation will administer and select the recipients of the scholarships based on criteria established by the PEP Board of Directors.
PEP believes that successful business and community quality of life are dependent on innovation and an understanding and respect for our coastal environments and natural resources. To that end, PEP seeks to invest in and support educational opportunities in the engineering and environmental sciences to expose students to critical issues involving the Gulf Coast, encourage innovation in the work place, and promote further improvements of best practices that have a positive impact on our environment and resources. Local internships with our members and partners may be available to scholarship recipients. Scholarship recipients are welcome and encouraged to attend PEP events and meet experienced leaders in their fields, further encouraging the best and the brightest in these fields to remain as vital members of our Gulf Coast economy
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
A student who applies for a PEP scholarship for the sophomore, junior, senior and post graduate years:
- Must be an owner, employee or dependent of an owner or employee of the local branch/site** of a company whose membership in Partners for Environmental Progress (PEP) is in good standing at the time of the application, selection and awarding of the scholarship to the applicant.
**[Local branch/site is defined as limited to the following geographic areas, Mobile, Baldwin, Washington, and Clarke Counties in Alabama; Jackson County, Mississippi and Escambia County, Florida.]
- Must be currently enrolled at the time of the application, selection and awarding of the scholarship, as a full or part-time student in a two year or four year accredited technical college, or university for secondary or post-secondary work.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicant’s declared course of study and major must be environmental science, environmental planning, environmental engineering, or other related science or engineering fields of study, including, but not limited to, marine science, geoscience, fisheries science, forestry, and estuarine science and management.