Science and Technology Scholarship
The members of the PEP Board of Directors are excited to announce the Partners for Environmental Progress Scholarship Fund for employees of PEP member companies and their dependents at the Community Foundation of South Alabama. Each year, PEP will award one $2,500 individual scholarship to students who meet the Scholarship Criteria and are enrolled in a two or four-year college or university pursuing a degree or advanced degree in:
- Natural science, including but not limited to marine science, geoscience, fisheries, forestry, estuarine science and management
- environmental science and planning
- environmental engineering
- all engineering fields (but preference is given to environmental and natural science degrees)
The application process will be open from December 1, 2022 until March 31, 2023.
The Community Foundation will administer and select the recipients of the scholarships based on criteria established by the PEP Board of Directors.
For more information about our scholarship application process, please visit: communityfoundationsa.org
PEP believes that successful business and community quality of life are dependent on innovation and an understanding and respect for our coastal environments and natural resources. To that end, PEP seeks to invest in and support educational opportunities in the engineering and environmental sciences to expose students to critical issues involving the Gulf Coast, encourage innovation in the work place, and promote further improvements of best practices that have a positive impact on our environment and resources. Local internships with our members and partners may be available to scholarship recipients. Scholarship recipients are welcome and encouraged to attend PEP events and meet experienced leaders in their fields, further encouraging the best and the brightest in these fields to remain as vital members of our Gulf Coast economy
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
A student who applies for a PEP scholarship for the sophomore, junior, senior and post-graduate years:
- Must be an owner, employee or dependent of an owner or employee of the local branch/site** of a company whose membership in Partners for Environmental Progress (PEP) is in good standing at the time of the application, selection and awarding of the scholarship to the applicant. **[Local branch/site is defined as limited to the following geographic areas, Mobile, Baldwin, Washington, and Clarke Counties in Alabama; Jackson County, Mississippi and Escambia County, Florida.]
- Must be currently enrolled at the time of the application, selection and awarding of the scholarship, as a full or part-time student in a two-year or four year accredited technical college or university for secondary or post-secondary work.
- Applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Eligible degree courses include all engineering fields, but preference will be given to environmental and natural science-related degrees.