Partners for Environmental Progress (PEP) hosts Industrial Automation and Technology Seminar
Seminar Theme – Environmental Impacts and Human PerformancePEP hosted an open-to-the-public industrial automation and technology seminar in conjunction with the PEP Reverse Trade Show on October 19, 2017. PEP Member businesses shared case studies relevant to Industrial Automation and how their organizations are utilizing automation in innovative ways to realize growth potential.
See Seminar Presentation Summary here.
SEMINAR AGENDA/SPEAKER BIOS:
9:00 – 10:15
Panel One Applied Technology and Automation: Moving Stuff without Moving
- Precision in Action Automation is improving the environment, operational efficiency, logistics and safety at the McDuffie and Pinto Terminals. Speaker: Brad Ojard, Sr. Vice President, Operations, Alabama State Port Authority
- Partners in the Age of Automated Construction Equipment Automation can remove human error and fatigue Speakers: Buddy Averett, Smart Construction Manager, Tractor & Equipment Company (TEC) Mike Tew, President & CEO of SJ&L, Civil Contractors, Inc.
- Asset Management Part 1: Evolving technology in the management of IIOT The technology in the management of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) is changing rapidly and product development is in high gear. Speakers: Matt Burton, Corporate Director of Automation Technology, Hargrove Engineers + Constructors Michael A. Wilson, TES Manager, BASF Corporation
10:15 – 10:30 Break
Panel Two Opportunities and Risks with Automated Equipment Accuracy, Environmental Impact, Worker Safety, Workforce Development
- Precision Fitting: 3D Scanning in a Plant: Automation vs Traditional methods Through case studies, the basics of 3D scanning and evolution as well as the changes in technology, hardware vs. software, and more will be discussed. This will be a highly interactive session, so be sure to bring questions! Speakers: Claudia Bjork, Engineer, Gulf States Engineering Bruce Bowditch, Plant Sales Manager LEICA Geosystems HDS Matthew Roberts, Safety Manager, Gulf States Engineering
- Asset Management Part 2: Future of IOT looks COOL We have all heard the terms IOT and Industry 4.0, but what does that mean? This session will focus on two real world examples: the switch from traditional (or dumb) vending to “Smart” vending by implementation of IOT; and highlight a “COOL” IOT solution contributing to the reliability of the cellphone networks we have all rely on. Speakers: Alex, Lynch, Vice President, Prism Systems Todd Hassel, Business Development Manager, Prism Systems
- Cool Stuff with a BITE: Cyber Security, Threats and Liability – Top 10 Things to Know to Protect Your Company & Industrial Corporations We are all concerned about how to secure, encrypt and efficiently operate our business hardware, software, data and assets without experiencing a security breach, cyber-attacks, malicious hacks, data pirates, ransomware and viruses. This session will provide you the top 10 ways to protect and prevent your company and your industrial operations; and in the event of a security breach what to make sure you have done and what you need to do. Speakers: Chris Williams, Esq. Attorney, Cyber Security Practice Group, Hand Arendall LLC Andy Odle, Director of IT, Wilkins Miller, LLC