Did you know that this is the 50th anniversary of Earth Day? Celebrating Earth Day may be a bit more of a challenge this year, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do our part. While large social projects and clean-ups are not feasible, there are many things we can do as employers and individuals to help make a difference. Check out these ideas from the Wildlife Habitat Council.
Act. Speak Up. Stay Engaged.
- Take action at home with things like recycling, conserving water, saving electricity and planting seeds.
- Advocate for planet and people in your community and with your representatives.
- Stay engaged through citizen science efforts: get involved with the Mobile Bay National Estuary Program.
- Click here to download the Wildlife Habitat Council’s digital Earth Day guide and learn more about daily actions you can do from home.
Organize Your Own Litter Clean-Up
- Pick up litter around your business or home.
- Be sure to take a pic, share in on Facebook and tag PEP so we can share the great work you’re doing for our environment.
- Check out this great litter walk challenge from the Osprey Initiative: Litter Challenge Printable
- And remember, we can celebrate Earth Day ever day!